I enjoy presenting information and leading discussions and activities regarding forgiveness because I have found out how valuable open, honest conversations regarding the topic can be. Talking about our thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment or pressure is liberating and comforting. I am grateful that every time I do a presentation or lead a discussion, I learn and grow as well. Our connections to others and the sacred help us continue to make the courageous, compassionate, creative choice of choosing forgiveness.
Workshops, Presentations, and Classes
I’m available to do workshops, presentations and classes and can design them according to the needs of your group, as well as do them online over Zoom conferencing. Presentations begin with a definition of forgiveness and move on to why you would choose forgiveness and how to genuinely, deeply forgive. Areas of focus may include, but are not limited to:
- Self-Forgiveness – dealing with regrets, guilt, and shame
- Forgiving Others – How to let go of bitterness and resentment. Reconciliation may or may not be a goal. Forgiveness should result in personal well-being, enhanced communication, and increased feelings of safety.
- The Role of Forgiveness in Dealing with Historical Trauma and Injustice – addressing feelings of resentment (if oppressed) or guilt and shame (if oppressor)
- The Benefits of Forgiveness in the Workplace – How can forgiveness help you become a better leader? A forgiving atmosphere creates more openness, honesty, and enhanced communication. It encourages creative solutions as people are not afraid to innovate.
- Forgiveness and Humility – Humility is considered an essential virtue in the major religions and wisdom traditions. It makes forgiveness possible. Spiritual humility means you acknowledge your strengths as well as your weaknesses and have the courage to be who you were meant to be.
- Forgiveness and Grief – Losing a loved one is difficult and sometimes complicated by confusing feelings of guilt, regret, or unresolved conflict.
“If you have ghosts or struggles that can be rectified by forgiveness, run toward it. Embrace it because it’s just so freeing.” ~Quote from Katherine, forgiveness hero in my book, Being Human is Hard: Choose Forgiveness.
Groups that benefit from my classes and presentations include:
- Religious and Spiritual Groups
- Learning Circles
- Book Clubs
- Mental Health Organizations
- Service Clubs
- University Classes and Organizations
- Workplaces, Businesses
- Grief Groups and professionals who work with end-of-life issues
- Support Groups
- Professionals who work with people who are struggling to give and receive forgiveness
- Any group that feels it could benefit from becoming more forgiving of themselves, others, and painful situations
Some quotes from recent class evaluations:
The instructor is amazing, prepared, and smart.
The open discussion was great.
Consistent acceptance of ideas and perspectives.
Very open, inclusive, and informative.
Very thought provoking.
Open to all. Everyone felt comfortable sharing. It seemed like there were no judgments.
Excellent group dynamics and class.Willing to listen and share personal experiences.
Lots of great discussion that contributed to understanding.
Amazing, insightful, clearly presented and enlightening.
Cost varies depending on the time and expense involved as well as the group’s ability to pay. I do some presentations pro bono. Please let me know your group’s situation and we will work out a plan together. You can contact me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further about your request.